Monday, March 8, 2010

Epiphany... kind of




I spent the last few days travelling all over the place. I went to Brisbane via Cairns and felt completely ripped off when I ended up waiting for four hours in the airport when I could have been wandering around Cairns. Instead all I could do was wander around Cairns airport and marvel at the lumpy things they have outside. I am not entirely sure what they are meant to be, perhaps it is what happens when you leave nachos on the coffee table for too long?




Brisbane was surprisingly damp. I don't think I have ever been there when it is raining so I kept mistakenly telling people I was in Melbourne. Although to be honest I haven't really been to Brisbane all that much, so it could rain all the time and I wouldn't really know. I tried to take a photo from the hotel window, I am sure on a clear day it probably looks a bit better.


On the way back out to Gove, I was hanging around in the airport cafe and had an epiphany of sorts. I am sure people have heard of the image of jesus appearing in a burnt cheese sandwich, or in a cornflake, a toblerone or whatever. I found the image of a heart in my coffee...


So I took a photo of it and then drank it. And it was quite nice really

2 comments:

  1. Curiosity got the better of me, and I popped in for a look at your blog. I love it! You have such a whimsical, funny and entertaining writing style.

    ...This is a new and exciting thing for me, I've never posted a comment out into the big wide world before! ..and I can do so as an annonymouse ... whoohoo

    Guess what?!... It takes 10 minutes to get into Cairns from the airport. You really were ripped off. Best thing is to grab a cab as soon as you can unpeel yourself from the Gove plane and race into a resturant on the Esplanade and enjoy food ... real food...Next time...speaking of which, mine's burning on the stove, see ya! Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane, I am pleased that you enjoyed reading it. Getting comments makes it seem less like I am talking to an empty room. I feel totally ripped off now, four hours spent waiting around in the airport when I could have been mooching about in Cairns. Oh well, I am sure there will be a next time... probably.

    Soraya

    ReplyDelete