Monday, March 22, 2010

Hey you, don't you know who I am?




I was in the shopping centre the other day practicing zen like calm as half the town clamoured for two very slow moving checkout lanes. A lady came along and put one of those 'register closed' signs up as I was paying for my groceries. A rather agitated man came up and wanted to use the closed check out and couldn't understand the poor lady was about to go on her lunch break. He was rather upset it appeared, presumably because he has to share the world with other people. Anyway, my jaw nearly dropped on the floor when he actually said "I am very high ranking, don't you know who I am?" I was immediately reminded of Happy Land's classic 90s tune "Don't you know who I am?" and was humming it as I walked away while Mr High Ranking argued with the poor checkout lady over why she should miss her lunch break so he could get through the checkout quicker.

2 comments:

  1. lol!!! that's exactly what i thought when you said "hey you dont you know who i am" hehehhehe such a funny song! gee that would have been a good way to just block out all the crap he was saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its amazing the ego some people have around here. Well I didn't know who he was so he can't have been that important... he he he

    ReplyDelete