Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Frozen broccoli day

I am rushing this afternoon's post because I got caught up in the excitement that is Tuesday afternoon at Woolies and I still have to take the dog for a walk. For most people this wouldn't make any sense at all, there is food all week round in most civilised places in Australia. Well here Tuesday is the day all the food shows up and the shelves get re-stocked. Its also a great day to run over peoples toes with a shopping trolley. So I got home late after almost doing a happy jig in the frozen food isle when I was able to glom one of the last packets of frozen broccoli. Phew, perhaps I can sell it on Friday for an inflated price...




While i was away I tried to take a whole heap of photos of stuff in general but it didn't really work out. I managed to get a wonky one of a statue of a horse in the rain, but someone looked at me. Then I got all self conscious about it and put the camera away. Although I did manage to get this...



I slightly freaked out at the dismembered hand when I first saw it. I was going to take a photo of it then (it was daylight at the time) but right as I surreptitiously got out the camera, a couple of tourists started draping themselves over it for some holiday photos. Once again I got self conscious and pretended that I see it all the time and have no interest in getting a photo and kept walking. Anyway, the reason I freaked out was it reminded me of a horror movie I saw when I was about 11 at around 3 in the morning (I remember it well). Quite fittingly the movie was called The Hand . Its basically about a guy who gets his hand cut off, which then starts killing people (click on the link to read more of a spoiler about it).

I also got sent some fun stuff in the mail (Thanks Glenda, if your reading this). I am pretty excited about doing the cross stitch book mark. You can never have too many book marks...






No comments:

Post a Comment