Monday, March 1, 2010

Unidentified Knitting Projects




I feel compelled to share my ongoing knitting project. I started it about four years ago and it can spend up to years at a time shoved in a cupboard. The reason for this is that the lovely long green scarf I have was actually meant to be a hat. I chose the design because it looked easy. It probably was, but I lost count of rows and things and just kept going...

More recently I had a go at crochet. I got the idea from a better homes and gardens magazine for crochet flowers. Although that was a bit complicated for me and only ended in knots (yes, I realise crochet is basically knots, but I was getting the wrong types of knots).
So I googled crochet (where would we be without google) and found heaps of videos of how to crochet. I started out with granny squares but ended up with granny circles. Still, if I stretch out the corners it kinda makes a square shape. Perhaps I just need to stop pulling so hard on the thread.

I will leave the crochet for a little while and focus on my new project (next to my patchwork which is taking forever! I know now why people use sewing machines for this)- a baby sampler for my friend who is about to have a baby. I thought I better get started on it now so its ready for its 21st birthday!



I think it worked out pretty well, there is a days worth of procrastinating there. I'll have to keep posting the progress on it, at the moment its meant to be an elephant wearing a bonnet in a carriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment