Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birds and knitting

Last night I had another go at crocheting a granny square and finally got it! A square granny square. Although I got carried away and didn't stop crocheting and now I have a slightly over sized granny square. I looked at it this morning and couldn't bear the thought of unravelling it. So, thought I would keep going until its big enough to put under the lamp on my bedside table to stop it scratching it. Yay, something usable.

My next knitty project will be the cupcakes. I came across them in the April edition of Better Homes & Gardens... The instructions are still in bizarre knitting language but with the kind advice of a friend I can figure it out with the help of revelry or google videos (more of a monkey see monkey do kind of person when it comes to knitting and crochet). Of course, this will be after I finish the cross stitch... oh yeah, and uni of course!


I also had a couple of visitors this morning land on the balcony. I think they were looking for food, but I was worried that if I leave out the left-over budgie seed for them they would start to eat the railings. So I left them to do their birdy thing and took a photo of them instead...








No comments:

Post a Comment