Thursday, February 11, 2010

Its sunrise

For a while last year I was happy joining in with a drabble website, until it disappeared one day (for those who dont know drabble is a short story exactly 100 words long, the rules depend on whos making them up on the day). Luckily I am too lazy to count how many words I had, and I saved everything in a word document so it could be automatically counted. Which means I still have them even though the website I posted them on is gone.

I mention this because I stumbled across a web page, Velvet Verbosity, that encourages people to drabble. So I thought I would post a drabble every so often as a bit of a change from my rants and non-existant photos that are still too large to upload.


Theme: Its sunrise

Jenny pushed herself to wake up in the darkness. There was no alarm set, just the driving desire to find out. She wiggled out from the thick warm blankets into the chilly predawn air. She pulled on a jumper over her nightdress and the pair of jeans she wore the day before. Carefully so no one would hear she crept through the dark house. Once outside she sat down to wait, her knees tucked up under her jumper. Light spilled over the horizon and the firm knowledge that she knew; there was no loud, booming crack of dawn, just sunrise.


No comments:

Post a Comment