Friday, February 26, 2010

Its raining

It has been raining here heaps. Everything has filled with water and is overflowing, which means a busy time collecting water samples to make sure everything is okay. But the worst part is living in a unit with a dog. Twice a day he gets soaked through then waits till he is inside before he shakes mud and dog water all over everything. Jack is definitely not a house dog. He should be outside wallowing in his mud puddle, not left alone to sit on my white bedspread. A bedspread that now has a brown dog shaped splat in the middle. And he looked so innocent when I got home too...


In the meantime I have found a cute little cupcake thingie I know Dez will like. If I was a better knitter I would knit one of these for her.
But I must warn you that one day I may learn to knit more than just a basic knit stitch, then I will be making up one of these things and posting it out to Tumut, or maybe I could adapt it into a knitted cupcake hat and then she could wear it around town (Thank you Cherry heart for the handy tutorial in strange knitting speak that explains how to make one of these sweet cakes).

I also came across a great idea for displaying kids drawings. Normally I would google straight past something like this, but since so many of my friends are having kids now I thought I might add it to my ramblings. How does she... seems to be made up of contributions from heaps of different people and has some great ideas for all sorts of kid related projects. The best one (I think) is about the tooth fairy. Since most of my friends kids are all just getting their first teeth it is perhaps a little premature, but I think it is a great idea. I won't explain it here, I'll let you click on the link and read it for yourself. I love the boy version of a 'pirate tooth fairy' instead of the traditional girly 'tooth fairy', makes you think they would nick the tooth and hold the child hostage for more...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, its max.
    I was passed the link to your blog so I checked it out :)
    I like all the little crafty things!
    My better half, Holly, is a super good knitter & loves making crafty things too.
    If you want to learn more about knitting you should check out Ravelry.com. There are heaps of patterns & tutorials etc & forums full of knitters from all over the world.
    When you get there, look up lycanthropica & say hi! (im plebicidal on there, but I am too lazy to look very often & im not very good at knitting :p)

    Anyway, I hope you guys are well & having fun.
    Happy blogging!

    Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Max, everything is going well. I am glad you like the blog. I will have to post my last knitting project- its pathetic it really is, but still kinda worked out. Well Im off to have a goosie at Ravelry and be intimidated by all the stuff I would love to make but know it will take years of practice to get that good...

    ReplyDelete