Thursday, February 25, 2010

Distracted by shiny things


Today I did a good thing and karma rewarded me. I took a pile of paper to the recycle bin and found some off cuts of shiny cardboard. I was shocked when I heard myself say 'you cant throw that out, I can use it for something'. I then had the grace to be embarrassed since I wasn't alone during my moment of scabbiness. To be honest I am not sure what the something is. I was thinking I could do some shiny gold hearts to go with the red ones I made a few weeks ago, or a gold chain out of loops, or turn them into a trendy coaster (How about orange has a great tutorial on making woven coasters out of magazine pages, and it works out pretty well. I am using some to stop the tins in my cupboard leaving rust marks everywhere).


Anyway, I was thinking that it would be great to have something to shove all the little bits of fabric and thread that is produced while making tiny little hexagons. Quite by chance I stumbled across the perfect thing, and I wasn't even looking! The Pink Penguin has a tutorial for making a fabric basket. I am thinking of making a fabric basket out of fabric to put all my fabric off cuts into so they don't end up everywhere. Ah, more things to add to my to do list...

No comments:

Post a Comment