Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something to do with IKEA throw rugs

A while ago I bought a patchwork magazine and wanted to make just about everything in it. Once of my favourites is this quilt called 'Just Ducky' (if you are interested, you can buy the pattern from designer Bonnie Sullivan). I am not sure why the picture is coming up sideways, but if you tilt your head you can see what I am attempting to make out of my cheap IKEA polar fleece throw rugs.
.
Although this blanket is supposed to be made out of woolen fabric, I thought polar fleece would make an okay substitute. Its also cheep enough that I won't be too upset if I completely muck it up.
.
This is the first time I have attempted applique, but it seems to be working out okay. All that time procrastinating by reading patchwork magazines seems to have paid off. So after cutting out all the shapes, I now almost have the first six of the ducks...
.
.
There was a surprising amount of off cuts- which found their way to the dog to play dress-ups in...
.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Jack, he doesn't look very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's just his doggy way of smiling. He secretly enjoys the attention and the occasional bribe of chocolate chip biscuit (carob of course, but don't tell him otherwise he won't like them anymore. Chocolate makes him fart)

    ReplyDelete