Thursday, October 14, 2010

Grannys and broomsticks

It was going to happen sooner or later- the photo post. I figure it makes up for the last post that I couldn't load anything on, thanks to the clouds interfering with the internet... he he he


This is my sample of broomstick lace. I wish crochet would show up on photos properly. It looks a lot better in real life than it does here. You can even see my thrifty metal pole that I used to make the big loopy bits...


This is the doomed granny square. I realised that the last 8 rows were smaller than the rest and it was probably caused by having one stitch instead of two between the little squares. So, through great big wobbly tears, I undid approximately 200m of crochet or around eight hours of work. I am now re-crocheting it with the one extra stitch. Why? Because I am a half-arsed perfectionist* and knew it would drive me mad every time I look at it. I have already re-done two and a half rows, and I am optimistic in getting the five and a half remaining rows done in the next few days...
.
.
*the half-arsedness is due to not taking the time to get the proper yarn and hooks for this little project- the perfectionist bit is due to wanting every 2mm square to be perfectly spaced and even

2 comments:

  1. Seeing you have so much "spare" time on your hands, I think you should come do my exams for me! Only 62 more sleeps till I am on vaccation and only 1.5 yrs till I will have time to do these sewing projects myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol :-D Don't worry Carla it will all be over soon. Then uni will finish and you will have a long list of fun things to do other than study for exams, then find you need to pretend you have to study in order to get some good procrastination going. This will allow you to adequately get through all the fun things on your list ;-P

    ReplyDelete