Monday, November 1, 2010

Puns with buns

The weekend was an almost-got-it-right weekend. I tried to make some bread rolls, unlike last time I tried this I actually got the dough to rise. However, I baked them too hot and ended up with little bullets of something that is hard on the outside and squashy on the inside (I was thinking a knight, but that's a little bit tasteless). So I tried to convince the dog to eat them and he gave me that unimpressed look he gives me whenever I try to get him to eat something strange and slightly inedible, like tomato or small pebbles. He looked at it then started scratching his bum (I was going to say buns, but it was a terrible pun). He is a hard food critic but honest. Next weekend I'll try baking them at a lower temperature.
.
So I moved on to my quilt project I started last weekend. I learnt that although polar fleece is cheap, it is hard to sew straight. It moves around, a lot, while you are trying to stitch it. As you can see from my wonky block, its not all that straight. I figure I'll cut the wonky bits off later. I am kind of out of the instructions and into the wild making it up as I go territory. I am sure it will all work out fine.
.
Being impatient I have put the twirly blocks (as I call them) with the ducky blocks to try to get an idea of how great it will be when I make another 11 twirly blocks. I am sure quilters must do this all the time in order to admire the work in progress... or perhaps they don't procrastinate like I do. Anyway, here is my procrastination, it is starting to look like the picture in the magazine...
..
.
I also wanted to mention that as it is November 1st, I have started my first unofficial attempt at NaNoWriMo. I am also pleased to be able to smugly announce that I have achieved the daily word count goal of 1,667 words a day. Not bad, and I even have a plot planned this time. They say that's important in a novel. And, I won't even post the crap I write here so you don't have to be subjected to my terrible story writing. How lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment