Monday, October 4, 2010

Dogs, budgies and pansies


I am back after having a week in Sydney and now know what happens when you do in a week what you normally do in two. You rush about, fail to comprehend small simple instructions (such as don't forget your jumper), and fall asleep at inconvenient moments (such as at the dinner table- how lucky no one served us soup! There was lots of cheese around, which is mercifully bouncy).

I did get a moment to envy the southern gardens with plants I can't grow up here. I cant wait to move somewhere where I can grow pansies, lavender, jonquils, pot plants that aren't hurled around the veranda by cranky cockatoos looking for shredded wheat biscuits... Although most of the excitement happened at home.
.
Little Jack got into something that gave him that warm happy smiley feeling some sort of drug gives. I am not sure what he ate, but he ended up so spaced out that I thought he had a head injury and took him to the vet babbling about possible senility and the hope he wouldn't become incontinent in the unit with my white rug...
.

Of course Jack wasn't finished, before I picked him up he got into a fight with another dog and ended up back at the vet. He doesn't seem bothered by it and appears to be slightly proud of his new scabs that give him something to chew on. As if the chocolate-chip biscuits aren't enough!
.
Now I have to go and walk the dog before it rains and hope the budgies emerge from their travel cage before I am forced to shake them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment