Sunday, February 27, 2011

Teeny tiny beanie

While sitting huddled under a lamp because the crap energy saving bulbs put out less light than a birthday candle, I finally got around to crocheting some stuff for a friend who recently had a baby. Since I have about four friends who have recently had babies I am probably not giving too much away (with the exception that they all had boys except for one girl and this stuff is in pink...)
.
.
So here it is (I have only got one bootie done and it will probably be months before I get the other one done, but you get the idea). I was thinking to myself how cute they are and everything when I got the idea that I should check to make sure they would fit a real baby. The short answer is no, they probably wouldn't. Hurumph!
.
Here is a photo of them, but this time with something to give you an idea of scale...
.

.

As you can see, unless its a premie baby it is all probably way too small. Shame I don't know anyone planning a premie baby because in about four years I might have the other bootie done. Anyway, I am now going to settle down and read the instructions properly and make another one and hopefully this time it will be the right size (its still raining). The instructions say a newborn's head is approximately 15". 15"! That's huge. This little beanie is about 10" and the bootie is about 2.5" (supposed to be 3.5").

.

If anyone is interested, you can get the beanie pattern at Imagine and the bootie pattern at CrochetMe

No comments:

Post a Comment