Sunday, February 20, 2011

I don't ever want to win the lottery

I am starting to think that I should never have promised to write something everyday. What a disappointment that turned out to be. Perhaps I should promise that I won't win a million zillion billion dollars in the lottery next week...
.
I have been noticing that when I say I definitely won't do something, somehow I always end up doing it. For example, I once told some friends at uni that I would never move to the Northern Territory because that's what bogans do. Then I promptly moved to the Northern Territory the following year. Of course I don't like it, I knew that much before I moved, but still I moved here. Its an odd place to end up when I have always wanted to move to Tasmania, even before I visited it. Perhaps I should have said I never want to move somewhere nice and cool, I would much rather live somewhere where its possible to make your eyes sweat.
.
So now I am moving again, this time to Jabiru a few hours from Darwin. It seems that I have gone about as remote as I ever want to, and am now slowly making my way back towards civilisation and perhaps one day a place with many different shops. Still I am getting ahead of myself here. For now I will be happy to be within driving distance of a small town (one that doesn't require a massive 4WD equipped with a winch, an emergency beacon and one of those wheel covers that says something pithy like "don't follow me I'm going fishing" as if people often just follow them around- which is just poor judgement really because what if they are going to the shops or something? Perhaps they have a few covers that say things like, "don't follow me I'm going to the shops for a pie" or "don't follow me I'm going to the dentist and he doesn't like crowds and its important not to upset someone who can pull out all your teeth then charge you for it" and they just put on the one that applies to the trip).

No comments:

Post a Comment