Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finish with a win

I am dogless at the moment. Ickle Jack is in Darwin with Luke and I never realised how much I would miss the hairy stink ball. Its really very strange not to hear him rampantly scratching his butt in the middle of the night and to have to make the effort to wake up just enough to yell at him to stop before crashing back into the pillow and sleep. Its the same with the budgies and their antics at shoving each other off the perch and inexplicitly coming to life at 10pm as I am trying to go to bed. Everything is much quieter.

Despite all the doglessness and budgielessness, I had a rollercoaster ride of an afternoon that I think I will share in a 'good news, bad news' way. I have broken the world record for the time it takes to register a car. I was able to get the car inspected and registered in under 30min. Completely unheard of! Good news. Its just a shame I lost track of time and my car ran out of rego and was done at the last minute. Bad news. But when I went to put the new sticker on, the old sticker came off in one go- Good news. I lost $100 out of my pocket on my way to the driving range while someone from work called me after hours and yacked on about work despite me telling them that I couldn't do anything until tomorrow when I was back at work- Bad news. I wrote off the $100 never expecting to see it again, only when I got home and went to open the garage door, there was $50 on the ground... AND another $50 a few steps away. I found my lost $100!- Good news.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I love reading your blog xxx Will have a quick glance at not drowning mothering xxx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Kathy. Flattery will get you everywhere ;-D

    ReplyDelete