Monday, February 21, 2011

My kingdom for a pen

I have been meaning to put something up as a big thank you to my good friend who heard my lament at being unable to make it to an office works and sent me some fancy pens. They are brilliant, and I have been torn between using them and saving them for special things. Luckily she sent me two, so now I can do both (which is tricky since they are exactly the same and it can get confusing which one is being saved for special things and which one is being gluttonously used).

Being the tops chicky that she is (and knowing my irrational love of Christmas despite being so horribly unorganised and always sending out Christmas cards so they arrive some time in the new year... around Easter), she brought me back some gorgeous Christmassy candles. I am waiting until I move before I set fire to these cute candles and dance around pretending its December. I am a bit upset I couldn't get a good photo of them (I really must learn how to take decent photos), but you get the idea..
.
One thing I am looking forward to is paying less than $2 a litre for fuel. I have been mocked in the past for exaggerating these things, but its true. And just to prove it, I took a photo of a fuel price that would make you wish a car that runs on love and happy thoughts was invented. Now here is a reason to sob uncontrollably when the fuel thingy doesn't click off in time and $10 runs down the side of the car, as happened this afternoon. I thought to myself, there goes what could have been three very expensive passionfruit bought from the local supermarket, spilt all over the ground because of a broken fuel thingy... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment