Saturday, April 24, 2010

Back in the day...

When I was young I can remember a lady taking a photo of the dinner we were about to have. I thought it was a very strange thing to do at the time (My dad was particularly unimpressed when we paid a small fortune to have the photos developed only to have five photos of various blackened bbq meats- of course this was back in the day when you had a roll of film and a limited number of expensive photos. Kids today just dont know how lucky they are that they have digital cameras*). Since then, I ocasionally stumble across the photo and still wonder why.


I was reminded of this when I came across twelve22 where the lady takes photos of her breakfast each morning, bless her (before she eats it of course). I am reminded of the lady who photographed our dinner all those years ago and sometimes wonder if she has moved to the US.


Anyway, I have become slightly addicted to her blog and am thrilled to read about her taking up running again. I did this for a while before having to stop when other pressures like uni, planning a wedding, moving interstate, etc... got in the way. It makes me think of having another go at it once I finish my uni work... which will be in a long time if I don't hurry up with it and stop procrastinating... sigh...



*I nearly made a friend fall off her chair with a similar comment about how in the olden days you had to sit in one spot to talk on the phone. The irony being that we were talking via skype and of course had to sit wherever the computer is- just like the olden days

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination is an art form -
    practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete