Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Deadline? What Deadline?



I have spent the last week out collecting groundwater samples, with the joy of knowing that I get to do it again in three weeks time. As usuall, I ended up with a loveley tan. Although its only on my hands, which looks a bit strange.


When not out sampling I have been busy being baffled by requests for things to be done 'soon'. When I ask when is soon I get a funny look like I am thick or something. So I figure 'soon' is sort of like ASAP and will get translated into whenever I feel like it. I guess on a geological scale, soon could be in the next 10,000 years... hmmm, yes I can get it to you soon...




I have finally been able to upload this picture of Jack in some sort of doggy heaven at the prospect of having a budgie play with him. Unfortunately for Jack, Penny was more interested in the ball than the dog. Still, you can see the strain of restraint Jack is displaying.


Here is a blurry photo taken of where I live after getting back from a walk. Its a bit out of focus because I was talking on the phone and trying to restrain a dog from chasing a cat at the same time. Still you get the idea, my place is on the top floor to the left.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Soraya,

    Yeah i know what you mean with the "Soon" thing- some people are so stupid and naieve (however its spelt)...i have the same problem sometimes...
    your place looks good- finally got a photo for me! at least your on the top floor- at least your somewhat safe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am planning a walking tour with pictures of Nhulunbuy once I finish this painful uni report... thanks for offering to read it for me too by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good, now i can see where these addictive blog posts are coming from. Yes, glad you are on the top floor, will tell your mother not to worry.

    ReplyDelete