Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beware of cockatoos bearing snacks


I seem to have become a halfway house for Arnhem land's cockatoo population. One even brought a snack! There were 14 cockatoos flapping about the place when I took this photo. I feel a little bit sorry for the lady downstairs. Oh well, she has a hose.

Time is getting away, I spent far too much time chatting on face book and the photos I was going to post take a while to upload. I think I will leave them for tomorrow. In the meantime I will put up a link to a news story about a kid smashing a brand new, hours old iPad with a bat. It really was only a matter of time, but I can't help being slightly troubled by it. Mainly he was doing it to seek attention, so I guess we should be pleased he chose something inanimate. But then it goes on to say he bought three of them, one to smash, one to use and the other? Probably for swapsies at school. Who buys three iPads for themselves? Wow, what a consumer.

Also, I have suddenly realised yesterday's post probably makes no sense at all. Don't worry, I'm not all that sure what was going on anymore either. Basically I was talking about all the uni work I had been doing (dont fall off your chair now) and it had turned my brain to mush. Its all horrible statistic-y stuff, trust me, you dont want to know.

1 comment:

  1. A little bit, don't worry about it I always enjoy our chats online (thank god, since the phone ones are a bit prohibitive :-) I was also having troubles uploading stuff that week, so it wasn't entirely me wasting time on FB.

    ReplyDelete