Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Chrismas Public Holiday

I have been a bit neglectful of my blog lately. I would like to claim that I was busily creating fabulous Christmas things to send out to everyone, but I completely underestimated the time it takes to make most of the things I envisioned making. So, I have quite a few half finished things and its already the 28th. As a consolation, I will start posting tutorials in the new year on my dismal attempt at a handmade Christmas...
.
I must admit that my slackness is in part down to good ol procrastination, a skill I refined down to pure art while studying. I have been keeping busy doing a bit of sewing. After making the bird cage cover, I had some left over fabric that I thought would make a good dress. I thought I would have a second go at the shirred dress previously attempted that had disastrous results. The good news is the end result actually looks like a dress, the bad news is it would only fit a 7 year old. Hurrumph! So at some point I am going to attempt a third try, hopefully ending up with a dress that both looks like a dress and fits.

For Christmas we got the first proper rain of the wet season and it rained and stormed for hours. I tried to video the impressiveness of it all, but it doesn't quite translate too well. How frustrating that when you try to take a photo of an amazing sunset or video rain pouring down, it ends up disappointingly puny. Of course the thunder was always off cue no matter how often I tried to include it, and don't get me started with the lightning. The old show biz tip of never work with children or inclement weather certainly is true (wild animals on the other hand were no problem, photo above). Ah well, video attached of boring rain if you're interested...
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment