Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Secret Christmas business

I am a bit late in posting this, since I planned to post something on Sunday. I got all caught up with making Christmas presents that I lost track of time and had to walk Jack in the dark. This is always awful since the mozzies are horrendous and I always end up looking like I have some sort of horrible tropical skin disease with the huge number of bites I get (and yes I do use aeroguard- which is its own horror after I found it had leaked and melted the plastic bucket I keep it in).
.
Anyway, the point is that although I would really love to post a picture and share my latest crafty endeavour- I can't because it will ruin the surprise for pretty much all my friends and family. So I will wait until after Christmas before I post the pictures. I am thinking I will do my first ever tutorial on how to make these really great... items (am I hyping it too much?).
.
In the meantime I thought I would share this great recipe for bircher muesli. I don't know what is going on with photos in blogger since they keep coming up sideways. I figure it looks much the same sideways as it does the right way around so I am not going to bother trying to fix it.
.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup rolled oats (I use the quick cook stuff)
  • 200mL apple juice
  • 1 green apple, peeled and grated
  • 2 big desert spoons of greek yoghurt
  • 1 small handfull each of hazlenuts, pistachio and wall nuts- chopped (or any combination of nuts you like, just make sure they are unsalted)
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar (if you like it sweet)
  • Honey

Method
The night before; pour the rolled oats into a bowl and soak it in the apple juice
The next morning; mix the grated apple and yoghurt into the oat mixture and pour into two bowls. Sprinkle the nuts, sugar and honey over the top and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment