Sunday, November 7, 2010

The ugliest skirt in the whole world II

A while ago my work changed uniforms because the colours were wrong. I ended up with a heap of ugly work shirts and thought I would make something out of them since I was never going to wear the shirts again (I was told they are great to wear to the disco because of the reflective stripes, but I don't think thats the look I am going for). I was thinking of making a bag out of them, but after a troubled week looking for a skirt to wear after work, I thought I would have another go at making a knee length skirt out of my work clothes.
.
I chopped the green bit off the bottom of the shirt and removed the reflective strip. I cut off all the bits that weren't a skirt and stitched it together. Viola! Ugly skirt take 2. For about 5 seconds I pondered stitching it back on along the hem so it could be a disco skirt, but it is already ugly enough.
.
.
I didn't use any patterns or anything, I just made it up as I went. I even re-used the buttons to make up the waist band- a complete accident that worked out quite well. The whole thing will be a lot easier and less stabby when I am able to construct my own dress form out of old newspapers and duct tape. I'll be waiting for the Chrismas holidays for that though, since I don't know anyone here well enough to ask them to wrap my up in gladwrap and sticky tape...

No comments:

Post a Comment