Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Financial New Year


Its the first of July and everyone in the NT are letting off fireworks and scaring the crap out of every dog for miles around. I was particularly embarrassed when Jack gave a girly sook and leaped into my lap while a small spoodle barely paid it any attention. I have a large red hairy bag of jelly for a dog.
.
Here is a hastily snapped photo of a firework being let off next to my bedroom window. Needless to say Jack didn't know where to squirm, and settled for knocking my feet out under me and scampering off.
.
I was asked about 'firecracker night' and what it was all about. Stupidly I started off by telling them it was Independence Day... Doh! That's a movie (although it does sometimes resemble scenes from this movie), no its Territory Day where an independent NT Government is celebrated. Ironically by blowing stuff up. Brilliant!
.
Remember remember the... arh... 1st of July

No comments:

Post a Comment