Sunday, July 11, 2010

Crochet Rocks! Man!


I have just gotten back from a holiday in Adelaide for the week, and had a wonderful time roaming around the place munching on cheese and sipping wine. We also were 'forced' to sample quite a few sweets and even went as far as buying a few jars of the nicest ones (I'll post a photo once it arrives, it was too large to take home in my luggage).
.
On getting home and going through my emails after neglecting them for a while I found a fantastic message from my aunt- with a new crochet challenge. Crochet rocks! The picture to the left is from Designsponge, and has inspired me to give it a go. I could use some paperweights to stop all the crap sliding off my desk at work (some people would say to tidy up the desk into neat little piles, I would say those people lack depth and imagination).
.
You can buy them online (actually you can buy a photo of a pile of crochet rocks), but I thought 'piffle, I could make that' and found some great instructions from A Foothill Home Companion. I already have the yarn and a crochet hook, I just have to find a suitable rock... I may have to settle for a lumpy piece of bauxite or a bessa block up here. I don't think we have these lovely smooth beach rocks, although a whole boat did turn up after a storm once. But someone set fire to it and the burnt out husk is still there. I'll have to take Jack for more walks along the beach as part of a rock hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment