Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thats just a chicken on stilts

I gobbled up all my internet early in the month, and have been unable to post anything because I keep getting disconnected from sites for being too slow. So now I have a few pictures to share, the best being what I thought was some sort of brown long legged relative to the jabiru. Being fairly short sighted I took a photo and figured I would see what kind of bird it was later. I was quite excited about it and was all prepared to send the picture to a friend who never quite got to see the jabiru's while she was in Gove.




It turns out it was a bird on a pole. Damn! I felt like a slack jawed local at a sideshow expecting to see a unicorn that turns out to be a large dog with a horn sticky taped to its head.



I also went out to see some of the drilling work being done on site, and part of the expedition involved a bridge crossing. Although the bridge had been constructed of plastic pallets which sort of floated on the water held in place with ropes. As you can imagine, we had arm loads of stuff to carry and the pallets were bobbing about in the current. I had a strange moment when I thought I was in sonic the hedgehog...



We got across (twice), with only some wet socks to show for it

No comments:

Post a Comment