Friday, March 11, 2011

Leaving home

Despite finishing work last week, I still ended up going in for a few more days to finish off all my 'unfinished business'. I can see now why ghosts hang around for so long. They are probably still catching up on all the missed calls for stupid things like documents that are freely available on a shared drive in a folder of the same name... urgh!

I got a lift home with some of the guys from work and was momentarily stunned to be told "don't worry about being stupid, its not your fault you're a girl'. I was instantly flung back to primary school and experienced those few seconds before knocking a pompous little ass to the ground. Instead I smiled and politely said "that's okay, I think you're a dickhead" and continued talking to someone else.

I was later told the suave gentleman is single and expressed my complete lack of surprise. In fact my exact words were; "well if he uses the chat up line 'hey you stupid chick, wanna go out' I can't imagine why he isn't prying off all the girls with a stick".

I think its good I'm leaving Gove and never got too involved with the local wild life. What a charmer!

So after I was dropped off, I was greeted with the above image. These are guys who work at the refinery and therefore should know all about the importance of safety. Its clear though that safety is something that happens to someone else. I stood in absolute wonder and thought "geeze I hope the balcony holds and we don't end up with old mate on the ground squished under a set of shelves, a balcony rail and two rather surprised dinguses".

Of course it was great that old mate on the ground was manoeuvring the shelves by dangling off a rope- clearly they had thought this through. I hung around waiting for something exciting to happen. All that happened was that the shelves got stuck a few times on the middle balcony and there were lots of pointless directions shouted that didn't actually result in a tangible improvement in the situation.

Ah Gove! I will miss your shear craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment