Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Its my party and I'll have cake if I want to

Its my last official day at work tomorrow and I am really looking forward to some time off. The last few months have been crazy busy and I feel slightly like I have fallen through a mirror and I am wandering around trying to play croquet with an emu (I am in Australia after all).

We are having a farewell lunch tomorrow, and I have already been gruffly told that there won't be any cake (they really know how to make you feel welcome). I thought to hell with it, I want cake so I'm taking a cake.

People generally like the cinnamon tea cake I make (thanks Carla and your Ag Show winning recipes), so I made one this evening and I'll take it along tomorrow. I like it, its not a big ostentatious cream filled monstrosity (and its rustic because I am too lazy to carefully fold the baking paper into the tin).

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am glad my recipes come in handy! I hope that you survived the last day. Good luck with the new job and the move.

    I want a puppy too! Its only about 24 months and then I can get a puppy!!!! (not that I am counting!). If you get one, send me lots of cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loved the cinnamon tea cake- there was none left over but there was left over chocolate cream cake. And when is there ever any left over chocolate cake?

    I will be sure to tell you all about my puppy if I get one... or my peacock ;-)

    ReplyDelete