Monday, January 3, 2011

That's not crochet, it's a bunch of knots

I can't believe the Christmas holidays are over already! I had such a great time sleeping in and watching movies.
.
During the holiday, I found a great little pattern for a crochet shrug (it gets really cold in my unit and we spent a fair bit of the holidays looking like we were at the snow with all the jumpers and wooly socks. I was thinking of making a budgie cosie but the feral budgies probably wouldn't appreciate the effort put into wrestling them into matching jumpers), only the pattern resulted in a hideous mess.
.
I spent a fair bit of today re-writing the pattern so it would look like the picture. The result is the sample to the right. I am really pleased with how it has turned out and I think I am ready to make the full sized one. Once I get all the bugs worked out, I'll post my modified version of the pattern (with links back to the original in case you want to give it a go).

No comments:

Post a Comment