Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stuck in the mud

Its hard to believe a whole month has gone by already. I really should pay more attention. I was convinced it was Wednesday today and was really pleased when I found out it was Thursday. Still, its better than Tuesday when I was convinced it was Saturday and was horribly depressed all the way to work.

I have been busy crocheting away and now my crochet square is getting close to 20cm square. Not bad for thin crochet cotton and a teeny tiny hook. I am still not sure what it is, but will keep going until I get bored with it and pack it away with my enormous scarf that I never finished. I would put up a picture but it is just like the one from two posts ago only slightly bigger. Although I have to say I was pretty pleased to find out that you are allowed crochet hooks and knitting needles on domestic flights again, so I was crocheting all the way from Darwin to Brisbane. Its quite surreal to crochet in the early hours of the morning.

The other bit of news is that Jack and I have been biking along the trails behind the town. I have only run over him twice, and each time I told him to get out of the way so its his own fault. Poor Jack has never really been taken out with a bike so it was all a bit scary, what with all the spokes and tyres and everything. I am sure I must look like a crazy lady riding around the place yelling at Jack to get out of the way and not to sit in the mud.

2 comments:

  1. No no you are doing it all wrong, you are supposed to have the dog pulling you along! The bike is your sled!

    Loved catching up on all blogs. I think I will stick to cross stitch, doing knots is not my thing, I struggle at the best of time. Though I do know what a granny knot is! At least I know when I want something crochet where to go:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered the whole dog sled thing, but Jack is not a skilled leader. All I could see in my minds eye was a tangle of leadrope, bicycle tyres and squeeling red dog.

    ReplyDelete