Monday, July 9, 2012

Its not a spice rack!

In my usual style, after proudly announcing I was back to blogging I left my charger in Darwin and couldn't log onto the internet for a week.

I may possibly be addicted to the internet...

and sugar...

Anyway, I became inspired by pinterest (if you have been to pinterest this probably doesn't amaze you- pinterest could probably inspire moss) after seeing a 'pin' for a spice rack turned into a nail polish rack.

It was so amazing it was repinned multiple times and then I stumbled across Anna White's instructions for a jewelry cabinet (Anna White- Wall Jewelry Cabinet) I decided the cosmos was clearly telling me to find a home for my growing collection of nail polish. For those of you who witnessed me smash a window on the far side of the woodwork shop after failing to hold a block of wood on the band sander properly during wood work class at school prepared to be stunned.

So I went the the hardware store and spent more on wood and nails than the whole thing is probably worth. Its probably best to include the satisfying experience in the end price, that way its relatively cheap.

Ta-da!!!

I still have to paint it and put my fancy fabric on the backing board but you get the idea. Its a little wonky, but I am blaming the bendy wood for that (when Anna says to check the wood is straight, you should listen to Anna).

I'll post a photo of the finished piece of amazing once its all painted and stuff.

Before I go, I thought I would share my new great wall of tea. I was given some delicious tea for my birthday and luckily have recently constructed a shelf to house it all. I think it is far too nice to have it all shut away in a cupboard.

One day I will have an antique dresser specifically dedicated to the preparation of all kinds of hot drinks and it will be a short distance from a fire place with comfy deep armchairs so I can sip my tea in front of a fire (possibly falling asleep, possibly dribbling all over myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment