Wednesday, August 31, 2011

But I don't wanna be a pirate!





It seems everytime I move into a place, there are curtains that need to be done. I have been pondering stitching up more curtains for a few reasons, in no particular order;


1. Sewing curtains is boring, I would much rather annoy the dog with his own tail


2. I already have curtains, they just don't fit the windows in this house (perhaps if I just wait, eventually I will end up in a house where they do fit)


h. Whenever I almost finish with the curtains, we move and I replace the curtains with vertical blinds (of course the new house will have differently shaped windows that the old curtains will not fit over requiring me to contemplate curtains again)


IV. Sewing curtains is boring



With this in the back of my mind, and only just recently regressing back into my teenage years by watching endless episodes of Seinfeld followed by the X-files, I found a curtain that rivals the wonderfulness of the puffy shirt.




For those of you not currently watching too much Seinfeld, here is a picture of the puffy shirt for you to compare the amazing puffy curtain with the amazing puffy shirt.



I now have some motivation, if only for a very brief moment, to create the most amazing curtain that will make me grin like a fool imagining the window saying "I can't wear this, I look like an idiot!"

As usual, for everything on the internet, there is always a handy tutorial. This one is from a boy, a girl and a pug. Sometimes its nice to have instructions to not follow...




No comments:

Post a Comment