Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How to sell your house

Sometimes I really wonder about real estate agents. I am sure there are many people out there who would probably agree. I was looking through one of the real estate websites and came across a place that looked nice... hideously expensive, but nice to look at anyway. Seeing there were about 20 photos of the property for sale, I stupidly thought they would be of the property. How silly! One was, the rest were of tree bark, reflections on a puddle, a bird perched on a railing and flowers in the garden. The one on the left is just an example of someones amateur photography portfolio being disguised as a means of selling a house.

Now don't get me wrong, I am sure they were lovely photos. But really are they trying to sell a house or do they have delusions of being discovered as an amateur nature photographer?

Surely they teach young undergraduate real estate agents in real estate agent school that people buying a house want to see the house, not blades of grass with stick insects. Clearly that is where I went wrong when we bought our house, I was looking at the house and thinking of what work needed to be done and whether it was worth buying. I never once stopped to consider the possible angles I could take of the top edge of the fence with an interesting cloud formation in the background.

2 comments:

  1. lol! stupid real estate agents and their four day course or how ever long it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! stupid real estate agents and their four day course or however long it is! they must learn to take something pretty from the house and just focus on that!
    it's funny cos alot of people fall for all the glamorous stuff and dont actually see the house...like these morons next door to us- they bought this expensive old place next door and they havent even moved in yet cos they are ripping up carpets and all that crap! they got sucked into the front garden...

    ReplyDelete