Saturday, September 18, 2010

A giraffe without a nose

I was slightly disappointed by my efforts at the water bottle holder after it stretched out of shape and became some sort of medieval torture implement. I also want to find something that isn't basically a granny square, and found Crochet Pattern Central. I got all excited at the possibilities of all those patterns, I ended up slightly dizzy and had to go and have a lie down. I am still going through them and when I finally decide on one I will be sure to post something about it.
.
I also had a half hearted attempt at the cross stitch sampler and was fairly pleased by almost finishing off the previously headless giraffe and half a duck. Actually, now I look at it, I haven't really done all that much more to it. The giraffe still hasn't got a nose. I guess this is what happens when you watch a movie while cross stitching...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Soraya,
    I know have your blog updates coming straight to my inbox so to my delight I will not miss them no matter how busy I think I am. Crochet Central, I'm feeing a little dizzy myself. Was never patient enough to knit but boy did I make some great free form crochet fashion for the Barbie Doll!
    Kathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! A fashion designer from the very beginning! I was rather skilled at the no-sew barbie poncho with wool belt...

    ReplyDelete